- Why we process Personal Data
We process personal data about customers who enquire, book and travel with us. To provide the contracted services and support our business interests, processing may occur before, during and after the tour. This may include:
- Making enquirers and customers aware of news and offers from WST Travel
- Providing services to our customers and recording what services we have provided
- Managing the health, welfare, safety and security of our customers
- Handling enquiries, complaints and investigations
- Operating customer loyalty programmes
- Monitoring and improving the quality of our services
- Researching and understanding market needs to improve our marketing effectiveness
- Working with our partners, to manage billing and improve the quality of their services.
- What Personal Data do we collect?
We collect a range of personal data from our customers. This may include:
- Personal details (name, gender, age etc.)
- Contact information (your phone number, email address etc.)
- Financial details (credit/debit card, bank details)
- Travel documents (passport number)
- Care needs (medical, dietary, mobility etc.)
- Other travel details (vehicle registration, excursion bookings)
- Responses to our post-tour surveys
When you browse our website, we receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address automatically in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
- What do we do with your Personal Data?
We use personal data with your consent or, where it is necessary, in order to:
- Enter into a contract and deliver services for you
- Comply with a legal duty
- Protect your vital interests or the vital interests of those around you
- For our own lawful interests or those of other organisations, provided your rights don’t override these
We will only use your personal data for the purpose(s) it was collected or for purposes which are closely related to this. We will inform you and seek your consent, if we need to use it for other purposes.
As you are a customer of Study Experiences or Remembrance Travel for School & Youth Groups or have made an enquiry with us in the past, where we believe you may have a legitimate interest in our products, we may send you emails about our company and other companies in our travel group (Sport Experiences, WST Travel, Anglia Tours and Further & Higher Travel). If you do not wish to receive this information you can unsubscribe from these emails at any time. You will see an unsubscribe option clearly displayed at the bottom of our marketing emails or contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transferring personal data to third parties
Study Experiences and Remembrance Travel for School & Youth Groups use selected third-party providers for key services such as transportation, accommodation, meals and excursions. Where we share your personal data with a third-party provider we will only disclose your information to the extent that it is necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. Study Experiences and Remembrance Travel for School & Youth Groups has concluded Information Sharing Agreements with all key third-party providers however, you should note that certain providers have their own privacy policies. For these providers, we recommend you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which they will handle your personal information.
We collect and process personal data in the European Union (EU). We may also need to process personal data worldwide depending upon the destinations to which you travel. For example, we may have to provide personal data to immigration authorities, agents or excursion operators in destination countries. This may involve sending your personal information between different countries, including countries outside the EU where controls on data protection may not be as strong as the legal requirements in the EU. In such circumstances, your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider, or its facilities, are located.
When you book a tour with Study Experiences and Remembrance Travel for School & Youth Groups, we will provide you with an Information Sharing Agreement (ISA) . The ISA asks that you confirm you have gained consent from those whose personal data will be shared with Study Experiences and Remembrance Travel for School & Youth Groups. We ask that you read, sign and return the ISA to us. If you do not complete and return the ISA but do subsequently supply personal data to us, it will be deemed that you have provided explicit consent for the personal data to be used for the purpose(s) stated.
- How do I withdraw my consent?
Where we have obtained your consent for processing of personal data, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. Should you wish to do so please contact our Data Compliance Officer by email on email@example.com or by writing to us at:
You may ask us to cease processing, or restrict the nature of the processing. However, it should be borne in mind that, if such a request is made before the contracted services have been provided; it may prevent us from either complying with legal requirements, such as the need to provide Advance Passenger Information, and/or prevent us from providing the contracted services to you.
- Securing your personal data
We take the security of your personal data very seriously. We take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to protect your personal information and to make sure it is not lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Emails containing your personal data sent to or from us will not be encrypted. You are free to make use of an encrypted service to share personal data if you wish or if it is your organisation’s policy to do so.
- Accessing your personal data
You may request a copy of the personal data we hold about you. This includes obtaining personal data about you in electronic form. Should you wish to do so please contact our Data Compliance Officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the above address.
- Telephone Calls
Our telephone calls are recorded for quality and training purposes. They are kept for 3 months after which time they are deleted from our system.
The following is strictly necessary in the operation of our website.
This website will
- Remember where you are in the browsing process
The following are not strictly necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
- Offer Live Chat Support
- Track the pages you visit via Google Analytics
- Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook (If available)
This website will not
- Share any personal information with third parties.
- How to complain about our processing of personal data
If you have a concern or complaint about our processing of personal data, please contact our Data Compliance Officer by email email@example.com or by writing to us at the above address.
Paul Bevan: Director of Study Experiences